Biotechnology, Chemical, Medical Device, and Biomedical Patents.
Of Counsel, Casimir Jones, S.C., 2007 to present
Of Counsel, Medlen & Carroll, LLP, 2003-2007
Technology Specialist, Medlen & Carroll, LLP, 2002-2003
Associate Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Anesthesiology, 1993 to present
Staff Anesthesiologist, William S. Middleton Veteran's Administration Hospital, 1988-1997
Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Anesthesiology, 1986-1993
University of Wisconsin, J.D. (cum laude), 2003
Residency in Anesthesiology, 1984-1986
Clinical Neurophysiology and Biostatistics, 1983-1984
Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurogenetics, 1981-1983
Comprehensive Course in Clinical Neurology, 1979
U.S.P.H.S. — Indian Health Service
AMA Certificate of Appreciation for Rural Health Care, 1978-1979
University of Wisconsin, M.D., Medicine, 1976 | B.S., Biology, 1972
State Bar of Wisconsin
American Board of Anesthesiology
American Bar Association Bureau of National Affairs Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property, 2002
Doris Duke Innovation in Clinical Research Award, 2001
Carl F. Koller research Award American Society of Regional Anesthesia, 1994
Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER) Award, 1989
B.B. Sankey Anesthesia Advancement Award (International Anesthesia Research Society), 1988
1. "Future anesthetic myopathy genotypes," Malignant Hyperthermia, DJ Schulte am Esch, J Scholoz, and F. Wappler (eds.), Elsevier, Hamburg, GA, 223-230 (2000).
2. Genomics in Perioperative Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine: Perioperative Managment, MJ Murray, DB Coursin, RG Pearl, and DS Prough (eds.), Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA (2002).
3. Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics of Drug Action, Anesthetic Pharmacology and Physiology: Principles and Practice, AS Evers and M Maze (eds.) Harcourt, Inc., St. Louis, MO (2003) in press.
4. Adverse effect of nitrous oxide in a child with 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase deficience, New England Journal of Medicine 349(1):45-50 (2003).
5. Principles and techniques of molecular biology, Basic and Applied Science for Anesthesia, P. Hopkins and HC Hemmings (eds.), Mosby-Wolfe, New York, NY, (2004) in press.
Back to top